Surf Life Saving exists to save lives, create great Australians and build better communities.
With 176,443 members and 314 affiliated Surf Life Saving clubs, Surf Life Saving Australia represents the largest volunteer movement of its kind in the world.
Volunteer Surf Life Savers are on patrol, they save lives and much more. In the 2018/19 patrol season, your support helped our volunteers:
- Perform 10,76 rescues
- Provide 89,695 First Aid treatments
- Commit over 1.3 million patrol hours
- Perform over 1.5 million preventative actions
- Establish and maintain beach patrols at 314 Surf Life Saving clubs Australia-wide
- Operate 59 support operations services including Rescue and Surveillance Helicopter services, Jet Rescue Boats, Rescue Water Craft and Surfcom Communications Networks to name a few.
Saving lives does come at a cost.
The cost of keeping one volunteer patrol on one beach for one year is in excess of $80,000, which is why we need your support.