GoodCompany is committed to respecting the privacy of individual’s personal information.
"Personal information" means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about a person whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from the information or opinion.
GoodCompany will, from time to time, collect and use personal information. The types of personal information collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the circumstances. For example, GoodCompany may collect personal information from you when you:
- Register your details on one of the websites we manage;
- Make donations, purchase a charity gift voucher, establish a charity gift register or apply for volunteering opportunities; or
- Request further information about GoodCompany, the Karma Currency Foundation or another charity.
Personal information is generally collected for the primary purposes of:
- maintaining customer records;
- supply of products and services;
- account keeping, invoicing and debt collection;
- locating and/or retrieving Products;
- marketing activities; and
- customer and market research.
GoodCompany will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
- to Karma Currency, other charities or not for profit organisations if necessary to process a donation, receipt or volunteering role;
- to your employer if you are participating in a workplace giving program;
- to third parties appointed by GoodCompany which assist GoodCompany to perform services (in which case GoodCompany requires these contractors to keep that personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing those services);
- to facilitate your donations, gift vouchers and fundraising activities; or
- where GoodCompany is required or authorised by law, for example to law enforcement agencies; or
- otherwise with your consent.
GoodCompany will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information held by it from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If you are a registered user of GoodCompany then you can login and update or correct your personal information at any time. Otherwise, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns about GoodCompany's collection, use or disclosure of personal information, please contact us at email@example.com